WTG Episode 4: Phil Dalhausser – Olympic Gold Medalist in Beach Volleyball, 3x Olympian, 100x Open Tournament Winner (5th all-time), Head Coach of the PDVBC Academy in Orlando, Florida
Phil’s official website: https://www.phildalhausser.com
The Phil Dalhausser Beach Volleyball Academy: https://pdbva.com
Klenskin Sponsor: https://www.klenskin.com
Phil’s Book Recommendations:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear.
Buy Now: https://amzn.to/2BEEv4E
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
Buy Now: https://amzn.to/2CRtBtb
- Chop Wood Carry Water by Joshua Medclaf.
Buy Now: https://amzn.to/332XmSl
In This Episode We Cover:
- Bringing it all back to the present moment
- Flow State – not thinking, just reacting. Staying Focused!
- Phil’s pre-game routine, physically and mentally
- Tools for moving through errors
- How Phil handles stoppage time
- How Phil manages emotions through a match
- Flowstate – how Phil enters and performs in the flow state in practice and in matches
- 2008 Olympics – from losing the first match, to almost losing in the round of 16, to winning gold
- Phil’s sources of inspiration – he aspires to be a better person, teaching life lessons to his athletes
- Phil’s definition of success: winning
- Why failing and mistakes are a good thing
- Phil’s meditation habit-2 years straight of not missing a day
- How Phil practices composure and stays composed
- Phil’s Kobe Bryant story from the ‘08 Olympics
- “There’s always more work to be done.” (53 min mark)
- What “Fulfillment” means to Phil
1:49-2:17 Competing to be the best Phil! MJ comparison
8:38-9:12 Warming up my focus, winning, and reflecting
16:28-17:07 Emotions – fake fire! 1% better?
21:06-21:18 100% focused on the present moment
26:38-27:20 Bouncing back from a loss and proving to the world who I am!
29:56-30:22 Finding inspiration while teaching kids life lessons through vb
31:12-32:31 Success is winning. Failure is great. Entrepreneurs have a curvy road to success.
35:38-35:53 Meditation practice. 2 years straight of not missing a day!
51:39-51:59 No need to worry!