Episode 3: Chris “Geeter” McGee Studio Anchor/Host of the Lakeshow on Spectrum Sports for the LA Lakers, 15 years as the announcer on the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, Team Fletch 4x Champs, Member of the Oakley Team, Coach, Motivator, Legend of the South Bay
In this episode, we talk about:
- Finding inspiration during tough times – what inspires you and how do you inspire others?
- His ability to observe greatness in others
- Geeter’s club coaching days and how he found passion as a coach
- Geeter’s definition of an inspired practice & an inspired game.
- Coaching tips for uninspired practices
- Emotional management advice for coaches for all sports
- Memories of Kobe Bryant’s greatness
- Memories of Karch Kiraly’s greatness – “the elite of the elite mind”
- How identifying your priorities can help manage your emotions in and out of the game
- How Geeter always stays “on” as a broadcaster & TV host
- Geeter’s “pregame” routine before going live on air & his self-talk during commercials
- How Geeter finds inspiration
- “Remember the traditions you have.“ “When preparation meets opportunity.” – Geeter
- Being a positive impact on others, Geeter’s ultimate why…